Lifeguard Job Requirements and Responsibilities:
Supervises swimming activities at the McKinley Pool and ensures that policies, guidelines, and safety procedures are followed.
- Warns swimmers of improper activities or danger and enforces pool regulations and water safety policies.
- Administers first aid in the event of injury, rescues swimmers in distress or danger of drowning, and administers CPR and/or artificial respiration, if necessary.
- Evaluates conditions for safety and initiates emergency action plan as
- Inspects pool facilities, equipment, and water and reports unsafe conditions to the Manager.
- Assists in cleaning the pool and related facilities and
Lifeguard Qualifications/ Skills:
- Previous experience preferred but not required.
- Swimming proficiency and comfort in all types of water conditions
- Ability to judge and evaluate evolving dynamics of individuals participating in activities to immediately assess their capabilities and threats to their safety
- Knowledge of on-site protocols, operational procedures, and safety policies
- Good people skills and the capability to get along with all ages, especially children and teens
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for providing on-site emergency medical services
- Compliance with agency policies and procedures, including those related to customer confidentiality, drug free workplace, and vaccination policies.
There will be a lifeguard training on June 8, 2022. Attending and successfully passing the class is required.
Applications can be obtained at Community Action, 433 3rd Street, Portsmouth, Ohio.
Applications will be accepted thru May 31st, 2022.